PC-Pipelines is an implimentation of CMS/TSO Pipelines. It is a .Net application written in C#.
It supports all stages that do not require the mainframe OS or file system. A list of all currently supported
stages can be found here. User written stages are also supported.
See the HowTo page to see how to run a pipe from a .Net program or from
PowerShell and how to code your own user stages.
Exceptions in stage support
- PowerShell support
- PowerShell scripts are now more Rexx like. For each Pipe command there is a correspnding PowerShell command.
Also included are PowerShell equivalents of the Rexx functions that manipulate strings.
See the installed HowTo document for details.
- The Specs stage only supports the following conversions: C2X, X2C, D2C, C2D, X2D, D2X, C2V, V2C.
The following new conversion are also supported:
C2L - This is the PC equivalent of C2D. The input is a 4 byte LittleEndian interger.
L2C - This is the PC evuivalent of D2C. The output is a 4 Byte LittleEndian interger.
- The Console stage does not work from a Windows GUI application. It does work from a Windows Console application and
from PowerShell scripts.
- Only supports A2E and E2A conversions.
- The Pipcmd stage only supports CallPipe and AddPipe
- Pipe and Stage options
- You can specify all of the options but only the following options are implemented:
Name, Stagesep, Endchar, Escape and Trace
- Binary strings
- Both Hex and Binary string are now supported.
- HostByAddr and HostByName
- These stages support the parameter "All". If specified, the host name and all aliases or all addresses
are returned in a single space delimited record
- Stem and Var stages
- The processing of Stem and Var stages has changed. You now specify the name of a Stem or variable and not the
index of a passed argument array.
In a PowerShell script you need not concern yourself with the underlying structure of
a Stem or Var variable. Coding a Pipe in a .Net program a Stem variable must be a System.Collections.ArrayList and
a Var must be a System.Text.StringBuilder. See the HowTo.htm installed by Setup for more information about Stem and Var stages.
Downloading the code
Windows installer for PowerShell and/or Rexx interface PC-Pipes.zip.
For Linux systems download this version PCPipes-1.0.tgz.
Here is the Linux package ReadMe file.
Windows System requirments:
Linux System requirments:
- Windows XP or later
- .Net Framework 2.0 or later
- Required to use Pipes under Powershell PowerShell V1.0
- Required to use Pipes with Rexx ooRexx 4.0
- Code was built and tested on a 2.6 system
- Mono 2.4
- ooRexx 4.0